Top Reasons To Choose Slate Roofing For Your Home. For roofing, slate is one of the most durable and long-lasting materials you can find anywhere. A slate roof is certain to add charm and beauty to any home. Since slate is one of the strongest materials out there, it retains its original appeal far longer than most other roofing materials. Most importantly, it needs little maintenance and lasts a lifetime. At Ridge Valley Exteriors, we offer trusted and proven tile and slate roofing services in the region with a 100% client satisfaction guarantee.
What Is a Slate Roof?
A metamorphic rock, slate has a distinctive grey, black, or bluish hue. Due to its ability to boost the curb appeal along with its excellent fire resistance and environmentally friendly properties, it is one of the most sought-after roofing options on the market.
One of the best things about tile and slate roofing is its incredibly long lifespan. If installed and maintained properly, a slate roof can even last more than two centuries. So, when you choose slate roofing for your home, you won’t have to go for another roof replacement project in your lifetime. Slate is a natural material that is mined from various quarries located throughout the country. Since it is not artificially made, no two slate pieces look the same.
While all types of slate roofing systems are highly durable and look stunning, you’ll need to consider its grade before installing it on your roof. All slate materials can be broadly classified into three categories depending on their longevity. Grade S1, Grade S2, and Grade S3. They have a lifespan of over 75 years, 40-75 years, and 20-40 years respectively. This means, if you’re looking for a really long-lasting roofing system for your home, you should go for Grade S1. On the other hand, if you’re looking for a more affordable option in slate roofing, both S2 and S3 grades, with a slightly shorter lifespan, are good choices.
Benefits of Slate Roofing:
- Energy-efficient: Slate is one of the most energy-efficient roofing materials out there and can help you make significant savings on your home’s energy expenses.
- Fire-resistant: Slate is formed as a result of the exposure of rocks to extreme heat and pressure. The process itself makes it highly resistant to fires. This means the slate is a perfect choice for homeowners who are looking for durable and fire-resistant material for their roofing systems.
- High Durability: Constant exposure to extreme weather can wreak havoc on any roofing system and leave it looking worn-out and tired over the years. Fortunately, that’s not the case with slate tiles. Once they’re properly installed, they keep looking brand new for years and years. Additionally, damaged tiles can be easily replaced by professionals to restore your roof to its original condition at a very affordable price.
- Environmentally-Friendly: The unmatched longevity of slate roofing makes it one of the most eco-friendly materials you can install on your home. The fact is all types of roofing projects produce a lot of waste that has to be disposed of in the precious landfills. For instance, traditional roofing options like asphalt roofing needs to be replaced after 15-20 years. However, this waste can be substantially reduced by simply opting for long-lasting and durable slate roofing.
- Aesthetically Stunning: At Ridge Valley Exteriors, we are aware that homeowners don’t want to compromise on both aesthetics and durability when it comes to their roofing systems. Apart from being one of the sturdiest and long-lasting roofing materials out there, slate tiles have a beautiful and rustic look, unfazed by age and the elements.
If you’re looking for a beautiful and durable tile and slate roof, get in touch with the leading roofing experts in the region. Give Ridge Valley Exteriors a call at 844-741-7663 and get a FREE quote today in Tampa, FL, Marco Island, FL, Raleigh, NC, and Kennesaw, GA.