The best time to install solar panels is during a new roof Replacement. Are you getting a new roof? Consider integrating solar panels as part of the overall renovation!
For at least two decades, a new roof with solar panels can power your house, reducing future repair and maintenance costs, and protecting your new roof from the elements.
Here, you will know the benefits of installing solar panels while replacing your roof at the same time. Solar panels and a new roof are the perfect combination!
The best time to install solar panels is during a new roof replacement. By doing this, you will obtain eight major benefits:
Getting a roof replacement and solar panel installation are two significant projects. Having a single point of contact for both home improvement projects streamline communication. Thus, the project will run faster and smoother.
The expense of replacing your roof and adding a solar power system necessitates long-term financial predictions. You will not seek many choices from various vendors and banks. Instead, you will complete both tasks through a single organization, which allows you to pay for everything with one loan.
Hiring a single point-of-contact to manage all the project-related information, like combined finance, helps to speed the permitting procedure.
It is easier to plan if you treat the installation of solar panels and the replacement of the roof as a single undertaking. This way, you can articulate the different project stages. Besides, you can make sure that everyone involved in the project has a clear picture of every task to perform. So, putting all these aspects together will speed up the total completion time.
Your roof durability mostly depends on the material it is constructed from. Yet, every roof will ultimately succumb to the elements. Solar panels have a longer life expectancy than conventional roofing materials, frequently lasting more than 25 years. So, once you replaced your roof, it is a good idea to go solar right away. Therefore, your new roof replacement may last longer since the panels will cover it.
New roofing and a good solar panel system imply a lesser risk of needing to re-roof during the solar power system’s lifetime. As a result, if you decide to go solar without replacing your existing roof first, you may save time and money. In the end, you will skip the removal of solar panels, replace your roof, and install the panels again.
Solar panels are not suitable for all roof designs and materials. Thus, by combining the installation of solar panels with the replacement of the roof, you will need to employ the correct shingling and tilt, as the appropriate rooftop materials.
Adding solar panels and a new roof can improve the look of your property. According to Remodeling Magazine, a new roof may raise the market value of your house by more than $17k on average throughout the United States. It is a no-brainer in terms of money!
The best time to install solar panels is during a new roof replacement. By doing this, you get the following benefits for many years:
· Your utility bills will go down
· Increase the value of your house
· Contribute to reducing energy costs
· Reduce your carbon footprint significantly
· Help the power grid
· Apply for the Solar Investment Tax Credit (ITC)
For the most part, replacing your roof should take between two and three weeks. In addition, weather, seasonality, roof characteristics, and the property layout can all have an impact on the length of the project.
The best time to install solar panels is during a new roof replacement. By doing this, here are the stages of a typical shingle roof replacement:
1. Contract: First, the roofing contractor will ask you to sign a contract. This document will be the agreement that details how the work will be carried out.
2. Home Preparation: Professional roofing contractors will cover your siding and landscaping with a tarp or similar material before start working on your roof.
3. Removal of Old Shingles: To check your roofing deck condition, a roofing professional will remove every shingle. They will do that even if the shingles seem to be in good condition.
4. Plywood Inspection: The roofers can detect any damage or weak points when inspecting the plywood that forms your roof’s base.
5. Preparation of the Shingles: It is critical to protect the roofing deck from water damage. In this sense, different roofing companies install products such as roofing felt, water and ice protection, a drip edge, and other items.
6. Shingle Application: Here, your roofer will install the roofing material.
7. Application of Flashing and Ridge Vent: If required, professionals will use flashing and ridge vents to deflect water away from locations and enable air to exit without allowing water to enter.
8. Cleanup and Inspection: Professional roofers always clean up after themselves and do a final inspection to verify that the work meets the client’s expectations.
Is your roofing system damaged? If so, you should not delay replacing it. Instead, you should hire a reputable, verified, insured, and qualified roofing contractor. After all, the best time to install solar panels is during a new roof replacement.
As roof shingles wear off, they may expose your roof to elements such as heat, moisture, bugs, and mold. These elements might inadvertently enter your house and cause more harm.
If your roof is beyond repair, it might collapse at any time, posing a danger to you and your family.
On the other hand, an aging roof may lower the total value of your home.
All these are good reasons to repair your roof as soon as possible if it needs it.
The process of putting a solar energy system on your home might take anywhere from 4 to 12 weeks to finish.
The best time to install solar panels is during a new roof replacement. Below, we show the Ridge Valley Exteriors’ average solar installation process:
Yes, it is possible to employ independent roofing and solar firms and handle everything on your own. But your best solution is to have the solar panels installed on the roof at the same time as the new roof.
Your unique solar photovoltaics (PV) system will be up and functioning as quickly as possible if you pick the Ridge Valley Exteriors team to install it. The best time to install solar panels is during a new roof replacement, so let us do your project. We partner with a solar panel installer that have the necessary training and expertise to do the job properly.
Contact Ridge Valley Exteriors if you want a solar-paneled roof. The best time to install solar panels is during a new roof replacement which is why our solar panel installation teams can assess your circumstances and offer a new solar set that is most suited to your needs. To get started, estimate your potential savings with a solar contractor today.